Professor Irakli Kovzanadze presented his new monograph to the public – “The lessons of the global economic crisis and new development model formation”.
The above-mentioned book is a continuation of the author’s series of monographs, which describe the nature of economic crises, their prevention and overcoming mechanisms. The work is dedicated to the economic crisis of 2007-2009, which practically affected every country in the world.
According to Irakli Kovzanadze, the monograph analyzes research of various economic schools of thought, historical and modern experience of overcoming crises and current tendencies of global economic development.
“The book describes macroeconomic, structural and institutional factors of these crises” – said Irakli Kovzanadze.
Based of practical works, the author describes his views regarding overcoming crises and crafting ways of sustainable economic development.
The development and challenges to the Georgian economy and its banking sector are addressed separately. Anti-crisis measurement, their effectiveness and adequacy, applied by various countries are also separately described in the work. The concrete examples of various countries’ efforts, their results and evaluations, are reported in the monograph.
The form and structure of the work is fundamentally a monograph and is designed for Master’s and Doctoral level students of Economics and Business, as well as for those institutes and persons who have the mandate to develop and manage economic (geopolitical, macroeconomic, financial, monetary, credit and fiscal) policies.
Professor Irakli Kovzanadze has published 6 monographs, 1 textbook and more than 50 scholarly articles in Economics and Mathematics, which mostly describe systemic banking crises in various countries, including transitioning, post-Soviet and Eastern European former Socialist countries, in the midst of globalization:
- Problems of Functioning of Georgian Commercial Banks in the current Stage, TGU Press, Tbilisi, 2001 (in Georgian);
- Systemic Banking Crises in the Conditions of Financial Globalization, TGU Press, Tbilisi, 2003 (in Russian);
- Economic and Banking System Development Trends and Prospects for Countries in Transition, “Finansi i statistica”, Moscow, 2005 (in Russian);
- “Economic and Banking System Development Trends and Prospects for Countries in Transition”, iUniverse Inc., New York, Bloomington, 2008;
- “Systemic and Borderline Banking Crises: Lessons Learned for Future Prevention”, iUniverrse Inc. New York, Bloomington, 2011;
- Modern Banking: Theory and Practice, TGU Press, Tbilisi, 2014 (in Georgian);
The lessons of the global economic crisis and new development model formation, TGU Press, Tbilisi, 2016 (in Russian).